Friday, August 7, 2009

Something with leftover potatoes

So, I was lying in bed the other morning. Awake because Eliana woke up to eat. For some reason I had trouble going back to sleep. So, I started thinking about things. Then, I couldn't sleep because I was thinking about things. It becomes a deadly cycle that keeps me awake. Anyway one of my thoughts were about a ziploc bag of potatoes in the refridgerator and what they would be like if I mixed them with eggs. So, I woke Jarrod up and told him if he got up and got dressed I would make him breakfast. He's always game for breakfast.

So, I went downstairs and got the potatoes. I had made potato salad, but cooked too many potatoes. I put them in the 'fridge with hopes of making something with them. I don't always remember that I put things in there. I mashed the potatoes and added some eggs I whisked. It was probably about 2.5 cups of potatoes and 5 eggs. I took some chicken out that I had been saving for sandwiches. I cut about 1/2 cup up and put it in the potato/egg mixture. Oh, I had added some seasoned salt to the potatoes before adding anything else. So, I mixed all this together, melted some butter in a pan, and spooned some of the mixture in. I cooked it like pancakes and added a slice of cheese when I took them out of the pan. Mmmmm good. Although Jarrod said they needed salt or something. I disagree.

I took pictures, but they have gone missing from the computer. Like everything else that goes missing I shall blame the kids.

No comments: