Thursday, January 28, 2010

Ingredient of the Week - Potatoes

Last night I made Crash Potatoes and it turned out pretty good.  I think I boiled the potatoes too long, though.  And, they kind of fell apart when I mashed them on the cookie sheet.  But, I found that if I used a spatula to take them off then all of the potato stayed together.  I made some gravy that went wonderful over the potatoes.  They were a little dry without it.

Tonight I made potato gnocchiThis was my inspiration for making it.  Boy do I not want to make that again.  Well, it wasn't so bad.  I guess I just need more practice.  It came out too big and so tasted like we were just eating big dumplings.  I don't know if I will make it again.  Maybe when I'm in a creati ve mood and we're not in too much of a hurry to eat.

I was planning on making potato lasagna (just like lasagna, but with sliced potatoes instead of lasagna noodles) tomorrow night, but we would need to go to the grocery store and neither Jarrod or I are feeling up to that.

No comments: