Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Garden Time!

Today I have a headache.  And, I didn't want to go to church.  But, it's when you don't want to go that you really need to go.  I really just wanted to stay home and sleep.  But, I'm glad I went.

I started our garden.  Did I tell you about the accidental potatoes?  Well, (just in case), Jarrod, out of curiosity, threw a potato into our front yard.  The other day we noticed that it started sprouting green leaves.  So, we now have that potato plant and two others (in trash bags) growing in the front yard.  I'll, hopefully, post pictures tomorrow.

We, also, bought a greenhouse tray thingy to start plants in and then we can transfer them to a bigger pot or the outside.  It holds 72 plants.  I did two rows of grape tomatoes and the rest pole beans.  I had too many pole bean seeds so I gave them away tonight.  I'm so excited to be doing this!  Jarrod and I have talked about it for years, but we are finally really doing it.  I can't wait to see some green growing!

1 comment:

Rebekka said...

I was looking for the "like" button LOL I am so excited to see pics of green growing!