Saturday, January 9, 2010

I'm Tired

All I ever want to do anymore is sleep.  It has nothing to do with Eliana not sleeping through the night, because she is.  I'm just so tired every day.  I wake up, we get dressed, eat breakfast, do schoolwork, and then I sigh.  I sigh and think, "Ok, what do I need to accomplish today?  What needs my immediate attention and can not wait until the girls go down for a nap?"  And then I trudge along trying to get things done amid cries of hunger, dirtiness, tiredness, another mess to clean, cries for another drink...  The list seriously goes on forever.  Sometimes I tell myself to suck it up.  So and so has three kids and look at them.  Yeah, well so and so has like four years between their kids.  I'm telling you that makes a difference.  Especially when you think of having one preschooler that you are trying to encourage out of "night-night underwear", one toddler you are trying to teach what a potty is for, (It's not a place for your toys to sleep, Sweety), and a very active infant that wants to be in the room with someone all the time.  You've got all that on your plate and I'll say you have the right to hide in the shower when your husband comes home.  Ok, not hide... relax.  I love my kids.  I really do.  When I'm not with them I miss them.  Right now my world revolves around them.  They are my world.  Actually, my whole family is.  My world involves teaching them manners (Stop burping, Simeon!  I know you're doing it on purpose, I used to do it.),  their letters, colors, shapes, numbers... (Yes, your poo poo does look just like a C.  Yes, that bathroom tile is a triangle.  When the light turns green then we can go.), teaching them modesty (Crimson put your dress down.  Simeon, please pull your pants up before you leave the bathroom.  No, you can't answer the door.  You still have your pajamas on.), and teaching them safety (Look for cars or they will run you over.  Stay with me or someone will snatch you.  See, that's why we don't jump on the bed). 
Oh, I love being a mom.  It has it's really frustrating parts.  It seems like I've finally gotten it through Simeon's head that we don't get water on the floor when taking a bath.  Now I have to teach Crimson.  That's when I realized that we either get sliding glass doors or stop having kids.  Just kidding.  But, I hate cleaning up that mess. 
But, it also has so many joys.  Simeon will hug me and tell me he loves me.  Ten minutes later he will tell me he doesn't and ask me to cry.  He is his father's son.  Crimson will hug me real tight then ask for a kiss.  We got her a baby that pees and poops to help her potty train.  It also cries tears if you squeeze it's elbow.  I tried it.  When she saw the "tears" she wouldn't let go of that doll for at least an hour.  Eliana is little Miss Curious.  Everything must be investigated!  That includes tasting it.  Thankfully our cat doesn't mind being slobbered on.  She loves for you to talk to her or sing to her.  Her favorite song simply consists of her name being song over and over.  That makes me wonder about her future.
I said all that to say that I'm tired.  I'm always tired.  I wake up tired.  I continue about my daying praying the coffee helps and then I go to bed tired.  I'm tired.  And then I stay up with Jarrod so that I can have a few minutes to talk to him.  Or just share funny youtube videos.  And when I get too tired I start to slur my words, like I'm drunk.  I can't help but laugh at myself.  And then go to bed.  Because, I'm tired.

No comments: