Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Ingredient of the Week - Oregano

Tonight I threw stuff together and called it enchilada casserole.  But, it wasn't really a casserole. 
I browned some meat, threw in crushed garlic, chopped, fresh oregano, and a can of diced tomatoes with green chiles.  Before that, though, I had cut up some corn tortillas and fried them just to add some moisture in my cast iron skillet I got for Christmas.  I mixed all that together, sprinkled cheese on top and threw it into the oven.  I served it with guacamole, sour cream, and cheese dip.  Afterwards I wished I would've remembered to add the can of corn and make some rice.  And, buy a can of refried beans.  But, that's what I made tonight with oregano.  My husband just told me he didn't notice any in the food tonight.  I'm thinking this one doesn't count.