Friday, October 16, 2009

Sleeping babies

One of the greatest feelings in the world is when a baby falls asleep on you. On of the most annoying is when that baby thinks she can't sleep anywhere else. I'm happy to report that Eliana has decided she can sleep in her own bed. We moved her bed into Crimson and Simeon's room. She's learning to put herself to sleep by crying it out. She hasn't had to cry for very long, thankfully. She sleeps so much better in their room. Well, I guess it's her room too now. When Crimson was a baby I had read something about babies sleeping better when they know their parents aren't in the room with them. I thought it was a little crazy, but I was willing to give it a chance. It worked! So I was willing to give the crazy idea another chance with Eliana. She's still waking up to eat, but not as often as before. Plus, I don't have to worry about her getting woken up when Jarrod's getting ready for work. I'm quite thankful for that.

No comments: