Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Target Tonight!

I'm not a "Frugal Blogger", but tonight's Target run has got me so excited.  This is the second time I've "rolled" at a store.  The first time was at Safeway, but wasn't anywhere near this capacity.  We did four transactions tonight.  That's right, four.  But we only spent $18.51, saved $58.26.  This is what all we got:

1 (free) bag of Sun Chips
2 Scrubbing Bubbles Power Sprayers 
2 cans of Scrubbing Bubbles Bathroom Cleaner
2 Scrubbing Bubbles Power Sprayer refills
8 cans of Del Monte Green Beans
8 cans of Del Monte Peas
1 loaf of Target brand bread (because we needed some)
2 boxes of Stoufer's Toasted Subs
5 boxes of Special K Granola

All for just $18.51, with the help of shopping sales, using coupons, and 3 gift cards.  Oh!  And, I can send in for two $5 rebates for the Scrubbing Bubbles.  Now do you see why I'm so excited about this? 
The only thing that went wrong was a certain coupon.  I was supposed to get the refills for free, but wanted to see if I could also use the $1 off coupons for them.  Instead of letting me get them for free the register, it seems, voided that coupon and just took $1 off each.  A lesson learned.  I honestly thought they would just object to the $1 off coupon.  I don't know what made me thing that, though.  Oh well. 
Now for CVS, if that difficult woman isn't working.  But, that's another story for another time.
If you'd like more details about how I did it you can email me.  The receipts are downstairs and I don't want to go get them to type out all the details.

3 comments:

Regina Miraflor said...

You are my Hero Vernitta!!!!

Girl I'm still all worked up about what your doing. However, being in someone else's house and such makes it rather hard since I have no printer and such. Anyways, keep these post coming. Once we get settled some where I plan on hitting this coupon stuff hard. =)

Love Ya Lady!

Tami said...

Awesome! I was planning on hitting Target this week also because of the good deals! You having a "difficult" person at CVS is the first I have heard of that! Usually, from my experience and those that I have heard of, CVS is so easy to deal with. If you are using coupons correctly and she is giving you a hard time, I would call corporate about her. From what I have heard they are awesome to deal with also and really care that their customers have a good experience. :)

TheWilsons said...

Yeah, everyone else there is sooo helpful, not her. She's not rude exactly, just seems grouchy whenever I go in there. lol I told Jarrod if I go in there and see her ringing people up I'm just going to walk out. I have a rain check for when the Aussie and Herbal Essence were on sale for .99 and a coupon (buy a styling product get $2 off shampoo or conditioner). She refused my coupon because it was for .02 more than what the stuff costs. I used another coupon, exactly the same, the day before with no problems.